Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kendall vs. La Crema


Today I learned an interesting little tidbit of information. My two favorite wines (La Crema and Kendall Jackson, duh) are

 owned and produced by the same people! Well now doesn’t that explain a lot about my obsession…Kendall-Jackson purchased the rights to La Crema in 1993 and KJ now 

produces the wines at their facility near Geyersville, CA.

I think it’s safe to say that La Crema is simply the upper echelon version of Kendall. I hope to enjoy the “distinguished” La Crema throughout my summer days at home on Mom and Dad’s tab, and later switch back to my first love, Kendall, when I embark on my cramped law school budget in Tulsa.

Both are equally enjoyable wines and, when chilled, the perfect antidote for those long, hot summer days. KJ has one up on its “more sophisticated” sibling, however : you can’t name a kid La Crema, but you can name one Kendall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment